How to help those affected by
WILDFIRES AND OTHER DISASTERS in ColoradO
INCLUDING BLACK FOREST FIRE
FINANCIAL GIFTS ARE THE BEST WAY TO HELP!
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO VOLUNTARY AGENCIES RESPONDING TO DISASTERS IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO HELP to learn why, click here
- Cash allows disaster agencies to purchase exactly what is needed
- To make a financial gift to the organization of your choice, CLICK HERE for a list of reputable agencies responding to the disaster or dial 2-1-1 (or 1-866-760-6489)
- Member agencies of Colorado Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster do not promote one charity over another. Please donate to a charity of your choice.
- DO NOT GO TO THE SCENE OF A DISASTER
- At this point, volunteers are not needed for the Colorado wildfires
- The arrival of unexpected volunteers will interfere with response efforts
- STAY SAFE by volunteering with a reputable agency!
- Volunteers will be needed most during the recovery phase. Please be patient and WAIT until relief agencies can train you and use your help
- Please CLICK HERE to sign up to volunteer and list in the ‘Comments’ section the name of the fire you would like to give your time to. If a volunteer need is identified, you will be contacted by the agency that can utilize your skills.
MATERIAL DONATIONS FOR WILDFIRES
- Currently NO material donations are needed for the wildfires in Colorado
- Donate ONLY those things that are requested by officials and bring them to the official designated collection centers – if established
- Items not needed may go to waste and get in the way of relief efforts
- Donations for VACANT rental properties, vacation homes, can be listed through Colorado Housing Search. Please note donated rooms in homes can NOT be accepted
- Meal donations from restaurants (no home cooked meals please) may be needed for some local personnel and organizations supporting response efforts. If you are a restaurant and want to donate meals, CLICK HERE, and then wait to be contacted (never bring food to a site unless it is requested).
- CLICK HERE to list your donation. You will be contacted if your donation is needed.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
- For information on how to help dial 2-1-1 (or 1-866-760-6489)
- Hold a yard sale or put on a fund-raising event and donate money raised to a voluntary organization responding to this disaster
- Have you already collected goods but can’t find an agency that needs them? Donate items to a local charitable agency