How to Help our Friends in the Fire?
How to help those affected by
WILDFIRES AND OTHER DISASTERS in ColoradO
INCLUDING BLACK FOREST FIRE
FINANCIAL GIFTS ARE THE BEST WAY TO HELP!
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO VOLUNTARY AGENCIES RESPONDING TO DISASTERS IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO HELP to learn why, click here
- Cash allows disaster agencies to purchase exactly what is needed
- To make a financial gift to the organization of your choice, CLICK HERE for a list of reputable agencies responding to the disaster or dial 2-1-1 (or 1-866-760-6489)
- Member agencies of Colorado Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster do not promote one charity over another. Please donate to a charity of your choice.
- DO NOT GO TO THE SCENE OF A DISASTER
- At this point, volunteers are not needed for the Colorado wildfires
- The arrival of unexpected volunteers will interfere with response efforts
- STAY SAFE by volunteering with a reputable agency!
- Volunteers will be needed most during the recovery phase. Please be patient and WAIT until relief agencies can train you and use your help
- Please CLICK HERE to sign up to volunteer and list in the ‘Comments’ section the name of the fire you would like to give your time to. If a volunteer need is identified, you will be contacted by the agency that can utilize your skills.
MATERIAL DONATIONS FOR WILDFIRES
- Currently NO material donations are needed for the wildfires in Colorado
- Donate ONLY those things that are requested by officials and bring them to the official designated collection centers – if established
- Items not needed may go to waste and get in the way of relief efforts
- Donations for VACANT rental properties, vacation homes, can be listed through Colorado Housing Search. Please note donated rooms in homes can NOT be accepted
- Meal donations from restaurants (no home cooked meals please) may be needed for some local personnel and organizations supporting response efforts. If you are a restaurant and want to donate meals, CLICK HERE, and then wait to be contacted (never bring food to a site unless it is requested).
- CLICK HERE to list your donation. You will be contacted if your donation is needed.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
- For information on how to help dial 2-1-1 (or 1-866-760-6489)
- Hold a yard sale or put on a fund-raising event and donate money raised to a voluntary organization responding to this disaster
- Have you already collected goods but can’t find an agency that needs them? Donate items to a local charitable agency